Latinas en Bici: Pedaling Among Sisters
También puedes leer este artículo en español, Latinas en Bici: Pedaleando Entre Hermanas.
Arkansas Latinas en Bici has been riding the trails of Northwest Arkansas since 2019, according to its founder, Olivia Barraza, who began cycling in the region along with her sister María Elena in 2015.
“We were going to friendly rides and we realized that the only Latinas in the group were my sister and I”, she recalls.
That showed her the need to create a group of women cyclists with "the same physical characteristics - and the same culture."
The participants are not necessarily professionals, "we are women, mothers, friends," she says. There are no age restrictions, although they ask that very young cyclists be accompanied by their mothers.
Barraza tries to teach female cyclists how not to get lost and to know the bike trails that run from Bentonville to Fayetteville. Likewise, she teaches how to repair the bicycle.
Information about Arkansas Latinas en Bici can be requested by calling Olivia Barraza at (479) 366-4406.
Bike Routes in Arkansas
- Camp Robinson route. In North Little Rock
- Burns Park. In North Little Rock
- Boyle Park. in Little Rock
North Central Zone
- Syllamo. Outside of Mountain View
- Crane Creek State Park Trail
- Village Creek
- Craighead Forest
- Buffalo River
- Hobbs State Park
- Fossil Flats
- Lake Leatherwood City Park. In Eureka Springs
- Mount Kessler. In Fayetteville
- Slaughter Pen. In Bentonville
- Blowing Springs. In Bella Vista
- The Railyard. In downtown Rogers.
- Atalanta Lake. Close to Rogers.
- Coler Preserve. Near Bentonville.
- Montes Ouachita Recreational Route. The longest in the state.
- Wobble Route. In the Ouachita mountains.
- Lake Ouachita Route
- Fern Hollow
- Earthquake Ridge. Near Ore
- Cedar Glades. Near Hot Springs
- Iron Mountain Route. Near Arkadelphia